What To Expect
With over 12 years experience in the industry, GEM Architectural Design pride ourselves on delivering a professional service on a range of projects.
We aim to guide our clients to understanding the overall costs for a project so that the client can be more informed on the budget and what is feasible.
We provide a prompt efficient service we aim to keep the client up to date with the project.
We provide a service to design extensions or alterations to existing structures, and advise on the restoration and conservation of old properties.
We work closely with our clients and we ensure that projected designs match requirements and are functional, safe and economical.
Depending on the scope of appointment we will:
- Discuss the ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of a project with the client
- Consult with other professionals about the design
- Assess the needs of the building and its users, advising the client on the practicality of their project.
- Prepare design proposals to the client
- Use Computer-aided design software to create the design proposals in 2D format.
- Produce detailed working drawings
- Prepare applications for planning and/or Building Control departments.
During your initial consultation, our design surveyors will:
- Carry out a free initial visit to your property and discuss your design ideas to fully understand your requirements.
- Review your budget in line with the proposal.
- Discuss any planning, legal and Party Wall considerations
Afterwards, you’ll receive a fully-detailed itemised quotation.
Once you’ve accepted the quotation and provided instructions for us to proceed, our team will:
- Carry out a measurement Survey.
- Define the concept in more detail; capturing the clients brief and advising on design solutions
- Prepare 2D plans, elevations, block plan (1:500) and site plan (1:1250)
- Finalise the drawing with the client.
- Prepare and submit necessary planning approvals on your behalf
- Act as your agent throughout the Planning process
- Prepare Building Regulations drawing (construction details/sections).
- Review Building Regulations drawing with the client, Specialist consultants (e.g. Structural Engineer), Building Control.
- Prepare and submit necessary Building Regulations drawings for approval on your behalf.
- Act as your agent throughout the Building Regulations process
We can tailor the quotation to suit your proposed works.
If you require further services e.g. a detailed specification, contract administration we can provide a quotation for the additional Building Surveying services.